Thursday, April 8, 2010

Spiritual Growth

Day 96

I seem to be saying babies all around me. I mean, its not even funny anymore. Anywhere i look, kids! That too toddlers! Kids in prams, kids in arms, kids in all sizes and shapes and colors! Its a riot!

And now i cant wait to have my own!

Just yesterday, some one asked me, " Do you want a boy, or a girl?". My natural reactions was, 'It just has to be a healthy baby". What more can one ask at this point of time.

On a parallel note, I am in the midst of gathering some good soothing music and discourses that the wifey (and eventually the baby) can listen to. We live in times where one doesnt have the luxury of having the grandma read Ramayan, or Gita to the expectant mother, because of work and other pressures of living a superfast life. So we try and make do with whatever we can. In our case, recordings of pravachans, bhajans, and chapters from the Ramayan and Gita. That is the closest I think we could get to having the right spiritual ingredients for the baby to grow well.

I think Richard Clayderman, Beethoven and Pandit Hariprasad Chaurasia would be excellent additions to the collection. If it turns out good, maybe i"ll make it into a family heirloom, to be passed on from generation to generation, each time with better compression technology, and better sound quality :) .

Till then, can you recommend some music that i must have for this momentous journey?

No comments:

Post a Comment